Target Your Local Market via SEO
Many small and big companies that are serving to their local customers find it hard to target them via SEO even by targeting the top and finest keywords. As this is not an unexpected matter as many of them, although capable in running their off-line businesses, typically trip up over two major points.
Targeting local markets through SEO, many of the companies ignore the need to think rationally because they are advised by SEO experts to target the big three search engine users and sometimes get confused and tackle this feat on a global level resulting in global traffic. The direct fall out of this step is exposing your business offers, products or services to the world at large only to dilute all other local online SEO efforts. If your product is not global you are in trouble. So here is the major stumbling point number one.
- Not using localized target keywords, however good they are, will leave your new websites way down the SERP’s locally. The localized keywords should be targeted through which it will bring you a steady stream of natural traffic.
- The second major point where you might probably fall, especially if you are new to web and optimization is wrongfully assuming internet marketing techniques as something radically different and for removed from the earthly- worldly affairs that we all do by trial and errors over and again. The crux of the matter here is SEO for local markets is only a small part of larger marketing exercises, with certain twists, to get exposure with local locations. Here is the second stumbling point in SEO for local markets.
Local market SEO is not an internet marketing technique but a sophisticated local technique of optimizing websites on a local basis. Obviously, the one who knows every beat of the market is not an SEO expert but can supply his knowledge to the SEO experts.
What is Local Market SEO?
Let me show you some tips to Target Local Market via SEO.
- Localizing your targeted keywords. This includes prefixing or suffixing local terms, names, and names of areas, cities or zip codes with target keywords. Example: “remodeling contractors Orange County”, not “remodeling contractors”.
- Submit to local search engines (find one, if you don’t know already), directories and web based yellow pages.
- Display your mailing address with street address, zip code and complete. Once your site is indexed, these words gain prominence as a part of content.
- Submit to local listing sections of Yahoo and DMOZ which is in addition to generalized listing.
- Don’t leave out general SEO techniques because you want to SEO for local markets which the power of link building which can be done globally as there might not be enough local sites to beat you competition.
- Get on the local maps of Google, Yahoo, as this generally puts you on front of the local search engines.
- Exchange your links and banners with local businesses as the local traffic exchange will bring you new and repeat in business. Avoid changing banners or links with competitors but exchange them with businesses that will complement you. Verify there traffic so it’s an almost even exchange.
Dominating local SEO can be done fairly easy you just have to either hire a professional with a proven track record or take time to learn local SEO. The main concern is to be patent as it takes at least 3-5 months to start seeing results.